Meet Curiouser Crew member Fiona
Meet Fiona Purves! Curiouser Crew member and a very talented illustrator. Fiona is always willing to help and advise on the range of products we have in store. She also paints some very beautiful pet portraits to order. We are so lucky to have Fiona on board! You can find some of her beautiful illustrations on our website. Click here to see them all. Read this short interview to get to know Fiona a little bit better.
1. If you could travel anywhere – where would you go?
2. Choose 3 guests to invite for dinner…….real, fictional, celeb, you choose!
Bill Murray, Lorelai Gilmore and Roald Dahl.
3. What is your favourite thing about working at Curiouser?
Probably the fact that we are dog friendly! It’s lovely to see all sorts of dogs coming into the shop and having a good sniff around.
4. Favourite film and why?
Back to the Future Trilogy. I love all three - they have everything I want from a film and I never get bored of watching them.
5. Can you tell us a little bit about your background? What did you do prior to working at Curiouser?
I’ve worked in various different shops over the years (Curiouser is by far my favourite!), and I’m also an artist four days of the week. I make cards & prints (which can be bought in the shop), and I do lots of private commissions, which mostly consist of pet portraits!
6. What is currently your favourite product at Curiouser?
I love all the cosy blankets we have in the shop just now, and also the Pine & Juniper Nathalie Bond candle.
7. What is your favourite thing to do on a day off?
Go for a big long walk with my partner Tim and our dog Jeffers, then snuggle up on the sofa with lots of snacks to eat and films to watch.
8. Where is your favourite place to visit in Edinburgh?
Dr Neil’s Garden in Duddingston.
9. You’re reincarnated as an animal – what are you?